- BodSpir® was
created and developed by Elizabeth Phinney. A "maturing" adult,
Elizabeth began her second Career in 1998 as a Personal Trainer. Having worked out for several years, she found a passion in helping other women and men her age to exercise using proper form.
- In August of 2000, she received her certification with the American Council on Exercise* as a Personal Trainer.
- Elizabeth began to teach a group class for strength training in January 2001 which evolved into the unique format of BodSpir®.
- By April 2002, she had her own studio and taught four BodSpir® classes per week, as well as maintaining a full personal training schedule.
- Realizing she had a unique product within the fitness industry, she soon trademarked BodSpir®.
- The workout is geared towards the special needs of the aging population, and "Fitness After Forty-FiveTM".