Here is a list of potential topics or combinations of topics for a talk. Many of these topics could be discussed for an hour or two or three or more and can be combined, depending on your needs.
If you see something related that is missing from one of these areas or have a separate topic altogether that you think might work, please ask and I am sure I could cover it. I also offer mini posture and gait analysis.
Once a topic or combination of topics is chosen, and you are clear on the inclusions, I promise you a catchy title for the talk!
- Exercise as healthcare
- Variety of exercise programs available as well as pros and cons of each one; i.e. yoga, Pilates, Zumba, etc.
- Exercise vs. physical activity
- Sports as exercise
- Stretching and flexibility
- The truth about frequency and duration
- Aerobic exercise
- Strength Training is #1 for the body
- Motivation to do it and stick with it
- Exercising with injuries
- Exercise and stress
2) Back flexibility
3) Lower back pain
4) Posture – now and paving the way for the future
5) Variety of Stretches for different issues
6) Osteoporosis, herniated discs, spinal stenosis and other back issues while aging
7) Shoulders/chest/neck and their relationship to the upper back
8) Ways to strengthen the lower back
2) Is your desk the right height?
3) Is your chair causing you carpal tunnel?
4) Neck strengthening for the high tech world
5) The body’s cure for a desk job
6) Airplane aches and pains and how to relieve them while flying
2) What is happening to the body when we age
3) Slowing down the aging process – you have more control than you think
4) Hydration and food needs with aging
5) As you plan fiscally for your retirement, remember to plan physically, too!
6) The 20 year plan
7) Coping with arthritis, osteoporosis, diabetes, heart disease, hypertension and other too common aging issues
8) The four kinds of aging: Chronological, biological, psychological and social
9) The stresses of aging and other mental issues
2) What happens when we don’t get enough sleep
3) Sleep vs. exercise – which is more important
4) Sleep and weight loss
5) Insomnia – its cause and effect and cure
6) Sleep apnea and other sleep disorders and their consequences
2) Drink choices: soft drinks, alcohol, coffee & tea
3) Water vs. all the rest
4) Elimination and hydration
5) De-hydrating drinks
2) The corn/wheat/soy dilemma
3) The multitude of sugar options and their differences
4) What is GMO/GE food and the pros and cons
5) Three meals a day vs. 5 – 6 meals a day
6) Which oils are good for you and which ones aren’t
7) Chemicals in your food and what they mean/do
8) Saturated fats – the good and the bad
9) Artificial sweeteners and what they can do